Attend the ASHA Schools Conference 2013 Premier Event for School Based SLPs
School based speech and language pathologists have a very unique role. Not only do they support a child’s speech and language development but are immersed in the entire educational experience of a child. This unique role merits its very own annual conference in fact. This year, the annual ASHA schools conference 2013 happens next month in Long Beach, California from July 12-14. If you’re an SLP who likes to catch the rays and surf in California while improving your knowledge base, earn CEUs, network and learn about new cutting edge products, this conference is for you!
Because school based SLPs treat a diverse caseload, participants at this conference will find an array of presentations spanning the field from handpicked speakers who are dedicated to supporting school-based SLPs. The conference will span three days beginning with a the opening meeting, “Recharge, Re-energize, Refocus: Changing Lives—One Story at a Time!” and concluding with the closing plenary, “The Magic of Stories: Learning to Make a Difference.” Some highlighted sessions and presentations include:
- Executive Function in Children With Autism: Challenges in Schools
- Clinical Management of Speech Sound Disorders: Beyond GIT-R-DONE
- We Can Do This! Practical, Powerful Strategies for Closing Literacy Gaps Using the Response to Intervention Model
- Lend Me Your Ears! Auditory Teaching Strategies for Young Children Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Out of the Box: Apps Through a Language Lens
- Avoidance Reduction Therapy for Children and Adolescents Who Stutter
- Shift to the Common Core: Standards to Best Practice
- Instructional Strategies for Academic Writing for Students With Language Learning Disorders
- Enhancing Phonological and Metaphonological Systems of Children With Highly Unintelligible Speech: An Update
- Intervention for English-Language–Learning Preschoolers With Language Disorders
Enjoy a welcome reception on Friday, July 12, 2013 3:30 p.m.–5:30 p.m. where you can enjoy light hors d’oeuvres, the ASHFoundation’s Rousing Raffle Extravaganza and chat with colleagues and exhibitor.
The regular registration rate ($439 for ASHA members, $499 for non members) expires June 24th so be sure to sign up today!
The Conference Center:
ASHS Schools Conference is being held at the Long Beach Convention Center 300 East Ocean Boulevard Long Beach, CA 90802
According to the ASHA school conference website, rooms are available at the Renaissance Long Beach, which is directly across the street from the convention center! Ask for the “ASHA Schools conference rate” and make sure to book your room by Thursday, June 20, 2013.
Should I Go?
Participation in any conference can be both expensive and time consuming, but according to ASHA, past attendees have said this conference was not only valuable to their job but “money well spent” and valued the “focus on schools.” You might want to consider the number of CEUs you’ll earn as well when making your decision. For this conference, you may earn up to 1.55 ASHA CEUs, or 15.5 PDHs.