Every parent has a relationship to developmental milestones. Some cautiously peek at the checklist every few months (years as kids get older), others post a comprehensive grid of expected accomplishments by age on the fridge, checking them off as they go along. Regardless, it’s always nice to get second opinions — from pediatricians, speech-language pathologists, fellow confused parents, even those parents who apparently did get that fabled childcare manual. (My kid didn’t come with instructions…maybe next time.)
At Speech Buddies we’ve addressed a lot of these speech-language milestones and development questions. The articles below are some of the most popular, organized by age group. If you’re looking for information that you didn’t find, please contact us, we’re always looking for topics of concern.
The First Year
- Language Development in Babies
- 5 Ways to Build Your Baby’s Communication Skills
- 10 Warning Signs of a Speech Disorder In Your Child
- What Can A Newborn Hearing Test Tell You?
- The Connection Between Baby Bottles, Trismus, TMJ, and Speech Delays
- Early Speech Therapy Activities for Babies: How Sitting Up Can Help
- Is It Possible to Stimulate a Baby’s Language Development? Yes!
- What Are Normal Speech Development Milestones and How Do I Know If My Child Is Meeting Them?
- Does Your Baby Need Early Intervention Speech Therapy? How Brain Structure can Predict Language Development
- Does Your Child Have Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS)?
- Is Delayed Speech More Common in Boys Than Girls?
- Talking Tots: Toddler Language Development Activities
- Advantages of Early Intervention Found into the School Years
- Will My Child Outgrow His Speech Challenge?
- Help! My Child Isn’t Reaching Communication Milestones
- Tips for Building Early Language Skills with Your Child
- Speech Therapy for Autistic Children
- What to Expect: Your Four-Year-Old’s Speech Milestones
- Too Many Temper Tantrums? Why Better Language Matters in Preschoolers
- Speech Buddies Parents’ Corner – Games to Improve Listening Skills in Preschoolers
- Developmental Milestones: Is My Child Ready for Kindergarten?
- Is my Child Ready for Preschool? 10 Step Checklist
- Will My Child Outgrow Her Speech Impediment?
- Communication Milestones for the Early Elementary Years
- Communication Milestones for the Later Elementary Years
- Development Chart: Speech and Language from 3rd – 5th Grade
- Failing Communication Skills By Middle School – It’s Not Too Late!